Look at your earrings, wedding rings, bangles and all that jazz closely. Look clean? Okay! Now smell them.
It can gross you out.
So when was the last time you gave them a wash? Don’t tell me you bathe everyday so they are clean.
No, they are not.
Bathing does not clean jewelry, infact it can encourage deposits. As do creams and perfumes. The more cuts and curves, the more deposits. It can be very unhealthy.
– Heat water in a bowl to HOT not boiling and turn the flame off.
– Add a teaspoon of laundry detergent powder or liquid and 2 drops if Dettol Antiseptic and mix it up in the water.
– Soak your jewelry in it or about 10 or 15 minutes.
– Then take a soft toothbrush and scrub, make the brush go into all those hollows and curves and cuts. Scrub gently if there are too many stones hanging around, you do not want them falling off.
– Swirl the jewelry in a bowl of clean cold water and then dry it off with a towel.
This is for real jewelry. Be careful with imitation stuff as it may fade / discolor.
So once a while take off all that jazz and clean it.