Singh likes biscuits with his morning tea. Am not a biscuity person, but I could gobble packs of Pure Magic Chocolate till my teeth fall out. So shopping entails buying biscuits, tonnes of them.. Not only do they cost a bomb, but there is a truckload of artificial stuff in them that makes them so perfectly tasty!
So I have started making biscuits at home. From wheat. Healthy stuff.
I tried the eggless variety too, but honestly, they suck big time. Feels like chewing on rotis!!
So here we go on the egg version (We still do not have a camera):
INGREDIENTS:– 1 cup wheat flour (atta) – 1/2 teaspoon baking soda – 1/4 teaspoon salt – 1 egg – 1/2 sugar (Ideally brown sugar) – 1/2 cup butter (I use the white unsalted homemade one) – 1 teaspoon vanilla
You may choose from any of the following or make your own:– 2 tsp ground cinnamon (dalchini) – 1 tsp carrom seeds (ajwain) – 1 tsp nutmeg (jaiphal) – 1/2 cup chocolate chips – 1/4 cup rum (if the dough is too watery, add more wheat flour)
– Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C
– Mix together the dry ingredients – flour, baking soda, and salt
– In a large bowl cream butter using an electric mixer / beater
– Add the sugar, vanilla and egg and beat it till the sugar looks dissolved
– Then add a a large spoonful of flour mixture one at a time to the butter mixture
– Beat this till it forms a soft dough
– In the end, add the flavouring of your choice
– Keep the dough in the fridge for 15 minutes
– Put spoonfuls of batter on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes. You may make balls or any shapes that you like too!
Hey Akanksha…I din’t know you were big on cooking.I like wheat cookies and am in the process of lobbying healthy food habits at home.
This is cool…I was thinking of baking(new love) for the upcoming long weekend…will try this out.
Lots of muahs to your little one…enjoy the phase..they all grow up too soon.
Hey Nisha! Cooking I fell in love with after marriage.. And baking is my calling!
This one sounds great!! Two hungry…junk loving…all-the-time-hungry kids at home…will definitely try this one!!